Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Job Whirlwind (Part 2)

During the drive home after the 2nd interview, my mind was a wreck. I loved the sound of the job. I liked HR Gal and I liked Boss Guy. It was easy to tell that I was on the same page as both of them in terms of how we like to get things done and how we tend to think. Along with the job comes good benefits and solid job security. Also, however, comes a pay scale well under the amount I considered to be my lowest acceptable range (and that's with me negotiating a pay rate at the top of the range they can offer for the position), even accounting for the area's low cost of living. Oh yes, and taking the job would require moving to a town of 8,000.

All of this kept racing through my head. With this, there was the consideration that taking this job meant not taking any other job. What if I would have gotten a better offer if with a few more applications? What if my $40,000 starting pay is two months away? Or, with this job, after a couple of years, I'd have some really awesome experience to put on my resume. Creating a position from scratch? That's badass.

I got a headache.

In the end, I had to go with my gut. Faced with this offer, what did I want to do?

Friday morning, I called HR Gal and took the job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear more! xoxo

Jean said...

Thanks :) I'm excited, and nervous.