Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bye BB, Hello Gym Lady

BB came by my office again yesterday. He's growing a goatee kind of thing now which rather suits him, and he found another job at another gym. He gave me his new business card and I got a chance to ask him why he left the rec. center. He told me about it - they were paying him crap and he didn't really get along with his boss. I can understand why he left.

This morning I met with BB's old boss, aka my new trainer, aka Gym Lady/GL. Personality-wise, I think we'll get along fine. She's certainly different from BB in just about every way possible, but she's all right. The only thing I don't really like is she sometimes over-explains things, like I have no idea about anything, and while I can understand why she's doing it (she doesn't know what I know and what I don't, so she's covering all the bases) I don't like it. That's the annoying part about starting over with someone new, but it should go away soon once we get used to each other.

I do like the fact that her background is less about body-building and more about overall toning/conditioning. She switched around a lot of my resistance training. It'll take me a couple days to get used to the new stuff, but I think it'll end up working a little better for me.

No comments: