Monday, November 23, 2009

F*ing Thanksgiving Break

I'm waiting for my parents to pick me up to go camping. I'm regretting saying I'd go. Camping isn't my favorite thing to do, and especially not with my parents. I love them to death, but going camping with them is freakin' labor intensive. Mom always wants to cook elaborate meals over the damn campfire, we have to do dishes in a bucket, there's an open-air outhouse, and my parents like to drag me on long-ass hikes. Also, did I mention I just started my period? The only thing more fun than "rustic" facilities is having to use them while bleeding from the crotch.

I agreed to go because my brother's going and because I feel like I owe it to my parents (i.e. mom). I'm a dumbass. We're leaving tonight, getting back tomorrow and then I'm going over for Thanksgiving dinner Thursday. My seasonal gig sucked up my weekend, and I'm working next weekend, including Black Friday for the job too. So, here I was, all excited about Thanksgiving break and today I realized that my week-long break is actually one day, Wednesday. Otherwise, it's all taken up with family stuff and/or the temporary job. Did I mention I have a mountain of grading to catch up on? This break sucks balls.

No comments: