Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Handwriting Post/What Does the Smell of Oranges Remind You Of?

So, Becky's got this thing about a handwriting sample, so I'm playing along. I went to a writing workshop last night (life in the fast lane, to be sure) and the gal running it handed out sandwich bags with foods in them. I got oranges. The gal told us to free-write about whatever memory the smell prompted. My memory was I was tactful enough not to read it out loud when she asked who wanted to share.

I've also added a writing sample #2 with ugly, ugly cursive as well as some extra detritus.

I post it here for Becky, to show her that her handwriting is, in fact, quite lovely. Mine, by comparison, is like the scratch of an epileptic chicken. (Click on the pictures to make them big) This is what my long time friend & pen pal has to deal with.

1 comment:

mylittlebecky said...

yessss! very coolio. both the fact that you went to a writing workshop and that you played along! i LOVE these! and also? the upper case cursive letters? i loathe them... so ugly. *shudder*