Sunday, October 26, 2008

Girls Night

When I first made my proposition to Amanda to embark on this adventure, I phrased it in terms of a girls night out.
Me: I'll hand myself wholly over to you. You can decide what I wear, where we go, who we go with, the whole shot.
Amanda made a kind of "whee!" noise. Obviously, things have expanded beyond one night at this point, but the girls night is still part of the plan.

November 8th is the date. It'll be me, Amanda, one of our mutual friends, and around five or so of Amanda's friends who she thinks I'll like. Amanda is excited about the logistics, and I'm not sure exactly what the night will look like. In the past few days she seems to have settled in on the idea of a sparty (spa-party). We'll each pitch in about $30 and then have our choice of three spa treatments. I'm a fan of bath salts and lotions, so it's not that far of a leap for me to go in for a facial. Amanda's said things about pedicures - and while I can only wonder what the point of one would be for me, (who, save by accident, never shows off her feet, especially not in November), but I have promised to let her boss me around, haven't I?

The upshot of the sparty is I'm not a big drinker, dancer, or pick-upper of men, i.e. traditional girls night staples for this crowd, and the spa idea appeals to my indulgent side. On one hand, a sparty would be very girly, but it's still easing me in because it's not something totally out of character for me.

Baby steps. It's all about baby steps.

No comments: