Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Just Got Started, and Already I Have Homework

The last time I wore a dress was almost two years ago when two of my friends married each other and I was in the wedding party. By the time we hit the reception, I was back in pants and everyone was very entertained at my expense.
Other wedding attendees: Hey! Why aren't you in your dress?
Me: Oh, was I supposed to still be wearing it?

Now Amanda is telling me about these cute little black dresses she has in the back of her closet. They aren't her size any more. However, very apropo, they are mine. Amanda already has one picked out for me. When she told me, my face must've got a whole shade paler, because she was quick to add, "Okay, maybe the first time we go out I'll let you wear pants."

She also told me that if I was going to take this experiment seriously, I'd have to be less sarcastic when I talked about it. Then, to get me started, she said I ought to paint my nails. I showed her my fingernails, which I keep trimmed very short.
Amanda: Well, you could get acrylics.
Me: I can't do nails that long, they just bug me.
Amanda: Fine, we'll start you off slow. You need to paint your toenails.
Me: Now that I can manage.

Tomorrow will be toenail painting day. Come Monday when I got back to work, even though nobody will see it, I'll know. Amanda will be pleased.

No comments: