Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pee Test

I got the web cam job, which is cool. Since the gal who hired me is two hours away, I'm doing all the new hire stuff remotely, which is less cool and more of a pain in the ass. One of the most fun things included in the process was the drug test, which I did today.

I arrived at the drug test place at 2:00. Since it was a pee test, I'd come ready to go. Then I signed in and waited. Then I waited some more. Then I started to shift in my seat uncomfortably. At that point, it was about 2:30. I tried to ignore the pressure in my bladder. I tried to focus on the book I brought with me. 2:45.

Finally, the gal who signed in right before me got called up. The gal came out of the room and I got ready for my turn. The nurse called up someone else, a gal who needed a blood test. I started to wonder how long it would take before my bladder exploded or I wet myself. Finally, at 3:00, it was my turn. I've never been so excited to be handed a sample cup.

No comments: