Saturday, October 3, 2009

Highlights from the week

  • Phone message from Amanda: "I want to let you know, because I think you'll enjoy this, that I'm sitting in a Chinese restaurant in my little town in Arkansas and they're playing country music on the stereo."
  • Hearing M. do Karaoke for her Bday ('cause that's what she likes) and finding out that she's got a fantastic voice. Side note: Mr. B. also came and she's still got a mad crush and he's still not interested.
  • Did a health assessment with my new personal trainer which included us going into a private room, me taking off my shirt, and her measuring body parts. This prompted...
  • Me remarking to Amanda that, "In the past four months I've been groped twice, both times by middle aged women." (One was my doctor, the other my trainer.) She was quick to offer a pep talk, "That'd be great if you were a lesbian."
  • More e-mails with Navy guy in which I realize that, on paper, he just might be a great guy for me. There's just that small problem of him being in Italy and me being in the US. Logistics are a bitch.
  • Took myself on a date to see Zombieland yesterday. It was wonderful. I'm pretty sure I was the only female there who hadn't gotten dragged to the movie by their boyfriend/husband. Apparently Zombie movies aren't chick flicks. Who knew?

No comments: