Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amanda Does Not Approve

I sent Amanda my new & improved website profile and she was not impressed. She says it's cheesy and "I am afraid that this is going to attract the 'sensitive' guy--you know, the type also referred to as metro sexual because no one can tell if he is gay or straight--not even him."

So, fine, I'm editing it again. It's frustrating. I'm getting a Masters degree in English, I've written a novel, etc. etc. but writing one damn blurb that will get a guy's attention and make him want to get to know me is proving more than I can manage. I mean, for the love of George, it's only 400-ish words that I'm trying to write!

Back to the drawing board. Time to think harder about my intended audience. Gotta do what I keep telling my comp. students to do and write with my ideal reader in mind ;) Man, this is hard. At least the line about the zombie movies is Amanda-approved, so I can keep that much.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

If I had a dollar for every time I have told my students to keep their audience in mind, then I could retire in the next few years at this rate.

By George, do you mean George Orwell? If so, then I think I might have to ask for your ring size.

Jean said...

I'm afraid my George is a generic one, along the lines of "for the love of Pete." Thought it was totally tempting to say otherwise ;)