Saturday, December 5, 2009

Going Solo

I did my hair and went to the bar, arriving half way through the band's set. The friend who was maybe going to meet me didn't, but there were plenty other people there to talk to so I did plenty of, "hey how've you been" and catching up.

The cute bartender from the other night did show up, but just as a customer, so I didn't have an excuse to talk to him. Instead, I talked to everybody else I knew when I worked there and ended up sitting with one of my favorite couples in the world, they're super nice, really sweet to each other, and they met online, which is what I remind myself of every time I want to stop messing with the dating website. It was good to talk with them and everyone else and have an embarrassingly girly drink.

Now I have to get dressed and head off to my shift for the seasonal gig. I am so tired and all I want to do is go back to bed, but no rest for the weary, right? Despite the tiredness, I'm very glad I went out last night.

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I love spending time with couples who "fit". It's so nice! :-)

Jean said...

Yeah, it's wonderful. These two have the kind of relationship I aspire to.

restaurant refugee said...

I prefer going solo to bars, something about the freedom appeals to me. I also tend to know most of the regulars at my regular places.

It's kind funny that friends get the same, almost immediate sense when couples fit as the two people involved. Not coincidentally, that's exactly how I felt the first time I met Lilu and B.

Jean said...

Going solo to the bar can definitely be fun.