Monday, November 24, 2008

The Epitome of Lazy

Saturday = First day of (the long-anticipated) Thanksgiving break. (i.e. a whole week without classes, office hours, students, or papers to grade)

What did I do on Saturday? Mostly, I sat in front of the computer, watching episodes of Mythbusters and Eureka all day in my flannel pajamas. Took a bath, shaved my legs, but didn't wash my hair and got right back into my flannel PJs as soon as I was out.

On one hand, having a full day of sloth is delightful. On the other, boring. About one day is all I can take. It's been productive on the jewelry front, though. Between Friday night and Saturday, I whipped up three new slightly labor-intensive necklaces. Now I just need to go out in public to show them off.

On the girly front, I did a hair experiment today. I twisted pieces of my hair around itself and bobby pinned it, so my whole head had little twisty knots on top. Didn't have time to dry it out all the way, but the two sections at the front got there. Right out of the twist: poodle effect. After I clipped it back and let it relax a bit, more texture than poodle. I'll have to try it again. If I can get it right, I'll do it one day when we get back from break and show Amanda.

No comments: