Saturday, November 22, 2008

Racking Up Points

I did pretty well on girl points this week. On Wednesday I earned a few by wearing a new top. It's a darkish gray, jersey knit shirt that's a good style on me - kind of drapey so it highlights the boobage and hangs loose otherwise.

Amanda: You look so skinny today.

Then, on the day that I was running late and had no chance of drying my hair over the heater vent, I pulled it up in a clip.
Me: Look, I used bobby pins.
Amanda: Yay! No fly-aways.

To top it all off, yesterday I brought in the girlish magazine I'd picked up at the store, In Style. Amanda promptly borrowed it and flipped through, scoping out the photos & ads. On one page, there was a spread of different stylish makeup looks. She pointed to the Kiera Knightley photo (a smokey eyed look) and said, "That. That's what we need to do to you."

I looked. "That? For me?"

She nodded. "Oh yeah. We're going to have to wax the hell out of your eyebrows first, though."

Now, I do a little bit of plucking to avoid the uni-brow look, but wax? I'm hoping the gold stars I earned this week will let me hold off on waxing, because that is one road I really, really don't want to go down.

No comments: