Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Guy

There's this guy. I've known him for a couple years and yeah, there's something to me mentioning him.

Part of this whole getting in touch with my feminine side adventure has to do with dating. I am bad at it because I lack confidence. Thus, instead of doing what normal gals do - i.e. flirting - I tend to play offense.

About a month ago, I lost a friendly bet and had to take the guy to dinner. After food, we went to the bar I used to work at to play darts and pool. My former coworkers, when I was at the bar and the guy was not, asked, "So, is this a date?"

"No," I said.

Kinda felt like one though. This made me uneasy. So, I did what I do. He offered to buy my first drink. I wouldn't let him. Later, he gave me a hard time, repeating something that I said, and I made the point that my voice was not that high. This lead to a discussion of who's more butch, me or him. I started the discussion.

On Saturday, I gave Amanda the highlights. She gave me a look of abject horror. "You didn't!"

Part of me is certain this guy has an interest in me. I know I have an interest in him, and most of me thinks I've done a really good job of botching it all.

No comments: