Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Word About Amanda

I'm aware that, in the context of this blog, Amanda might come across as a bit... superficial. Because of what this blog is, that's rather unavoidable, but unfortunate. She features prominently here because she is my girl guru, and she features prominently as such because our conversations about clothes are more relevant here than our conversations about politics. That's the nature of the beast.

I just want to bluntly say that while she's very savvy about personal presentation, there's more to her than that. She's smart, she's ambitious, she's very keen about inter-personal relationships, etc. So, while I may set her up as something of my polar opposite, know that part of that is poetic license. The bottom line is that I'm largely going for humor here, and extremes are funny.

So there you go. I wanted to make that part explicit. In any event, if I didn't like and respect her, there's no way I'd be entrusting myself to her for this project.

No comments: