Saturday, January 2, 2010

Boring Job Retirement

On my last day of the boring job, I finally met my boss in person. She came by the store where I was working and didn't tell me she was coming, so I was totally surprised when she showed up. She was perfectly pleasant and had made the 2 hour drive for other business, but swung by to say hello and ask me how I liked the job. "It's nice to have a change of pace," I said, aiming for that fine line between honesty and too much honesty.

"Well, if we pick this area up again, I'll give you a call."

I nodded, smiled, said it was nice to meet her face-to-face, all the while thinking how strange it was that it was only when I had about three hours of my last shift left that I finally met her. Seems backwards, doesn't it?

It was an interesting experience, but one I'm far from eager to repeat. I'm pleased to have the extra cash, and now have one more entry on the list of stuff I don't want to do for a living.

No comments: