Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Batteries, Please

Amanda: What are you up to?
Me: I'm waiting for the boys to finish up with the realtor. It's ridiculous. Boys are useless.
Amanda: You say that like you think it gets better when they're older.
Me: It has to. At least a little bit.
Amanda: Ha! Remember how I said me and my husband are looking for a house right now? He's thirty-six and still useless when it comes to finding a place to live. Useless. Guys are terrible at these things.
Me: With the experience of the past week or so, I've got to say that I'm really liking this whole being single thing.
Amanda: Come on now, don't give up. Everybody needs sex.
Me: I don't know, I've been doing just fine lately.
Amanda: Just make sure you hide your vibrators before your parents come over.

2 comments:

jamy said...

I think you have it exactly right. That is: there are a LOT of good things about being single. Sure, a relationship would be great, but you may as well fully appreciate the independence of being single.(Something I have to remind myself of occasionally, but I also take full advantage.)

rachaelgking said...

That is DAMN good advice. I will remember it for my parents' visit in September...