Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Odd Girl Out

I hung out with a group of writer friends last night. We met at a coffee shop/bookstore and, as always, had a lot of fun telling stories, talking about books and TV, and just generally enjoying each others' company.

Mid-way through, one of the new members of our group mentioned something about his girlfriend and I did a little head count. Of the four gals in attendance, two are married, and one is... well, she hasn't quite taken a vow of celibacy, but she's got some stuff in her past and there is no way any guy is getting near her that way any time in the foreseeable future, so she's unique in the headcount. Then there are the two guys, the afore-mentioned with a long-term girlfriend and the other one who's dating a gal with the same name as me. So, six people. Among them, I'm the only one who's single.

Yet another of those things where it looks like it's so easy, finding somebody. After all, everybody else I know has. Ah, perspective. I think I need more single friends.

1 comment:

mylittlebecky said...

dude, it's hard being the only... i so know how you feel! and these days, seems like everyone has kids (i'm so old!)