Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vignette

Whilst walking the Shermanator this morning, we came upon a young couple (I'd peg 'em at about 19) on the path. The guy was crouched down, scraping a rock against the sidewalk. The girl stood above him, looking bored. He scraped, and scraped, and I kept trying to figure out what the heck he was doing.

As the dog and I approached, he finished up and he and the bored girl walked away. Finally, I got close enough to see. There, written in rock-scrapings, was a message: "I love you Lexi."

2 comments:

Sebastian Anthony said...

Hah. Part of me wants to think that Lexi is another girl to the one standing there. But that would be sad...

She really looked bored?

I hope he didn't scratch it in too deep...

Jean said...

The markings looked pretty temporary, fittingly enough.