Friday, August 28, 2009

A BB Problem

On Wednesday, I was going through my workout with BB. Someone was on the calf raise, so BB thought for a moment and said, "Let's try something." He took me over to the barbell set up and had me hold the barbell behind my head, rested on my shoulders, then stand up on my tip toes. That sort of things takes a bit of balance, let me tell ya.

While I wobbled and tried not to fall over, BB stood behind me as my spotter. "Don't worry, I got you."

I don't like people standing that close to me, especially not if they're male. It gives me an uncomfortableness. But, there he was, an inch behind me, and I was okay with it. I've hit the point where I trust him. That's why I got a tad concerned when he talked about having a meeting with his boss, and about being nervous about the meeting.

Me: Well, did she say what it's about?
BB: She said she wants to make some changes with the protocols and things.
Me: That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe not much fun, but nothing to worry about.
BB: We'll see. I guess I'll know Friday if I still have a job or not.

Today, during my office hours, I saw a shape in the doorway. I glanced up. It was BB. Took me by surprise. Him being there means he had to have looked up my office and my office hours. He stopped by to tell me he'd gone to the meeting. Turns out he got a raise and his boss told him about some changes.

BB: I don't know if it's going to work out, but I'll give it a try.

Then I had to dash off to class, so I didn't get a chance to learn more. I don't like it, though. I have no idea what the changes are, or why he doesn't like them, but I want BB to stay. I'll have to find out the rest during my next appointment Friday. It sucks that I have to wait a week. I hate waiting on information.

3 comments:

mylittlebecky said...

well, why don't you stop by HIS "office hours?" if you know what i mean *wiggles eyebrows*

Jean said...

I would, except he doesn't have any. He works out of his boss's office, and the only time he's there is when he's meeting with someone.

Jean said...

Oh, wait. You meant something dirty ;)