Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Very Good Friend

Last night I did the IM thing with my old friend Cassie. I always love being able to catch her 'cause we don't talk too often these days - both of us are busy as all get-out and we live four hours away from each other. We've known each other since middle school and for all that our personalities are very different - she's the people person, outgoing and friendly - I'm the studious one. But, our circumstnaces are very similar, both of us have been single for a while and both of us are hanging out in limbo land in an academic/professional sense. It's nice, amidst me seeing everybody and their dog meet the perfect guy/gal and land the perfect job, to still have a friend who is still figuring things out. Thank Randolph I'm not the only one.

The other part that helps is that my friend Cassie is all kinds of wonderful and I know that things will work out for her. She's working away at these things and the fact that they haven't worked out quite yet just means it's a timing issue. And, if that's true for her, then maybe it's true for me. It makes me feel less frustrated. Also, being the lovely person that she is, last night she gave me some encouraging words and said I was one groovy chic and that she has faith in me.

It reminds me that, no matter what else, every now and again everybody needs a cheerleader. Keep on keeping on, Cassie, 'cause you are awesome.

No comments: