Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Broken Boyfriend Adventure

I usually talk to Mr. Curls in the mornings, so when the usual time came and went on Monday, I sent him a text to say hello, something along the lines of, "Good morning, how's your day going?" An hour went by, no response. My Spidey sense started to tingle.

Finally, a short text in reply, "Not well." Then, "I may need a favor later."

Turns out, that favor was a ride home from the doctor's office. Turns out, Mr. Curls twisted a muscle in his back. The injury is bad enough to have him out of commission for a few days, but not bad enough that he needs surgery (thank goodness).

I hung out with Mr. Curls for the rest of the day, making some dinner and sitting on the couch with him to watch a couple movies. He was in pretty bad shape. It hurt him to move and it hurt him even worse to get up. It was horrible, you know, for me, 'cause he was so clearly in pain and there was nothing I could do to fix it. But, I could be there with him and hold his hand, and that helped a little.

Tomorrow, I'm taking him in for his follow-up doctor's appointment and more physical therapy. I feel really bad for him since he's hurt, but I have to admit that I've been making "old man" comments right and left. Can't baby him too much, now, don't want to spoil him ;)

2 comments:

City Girl said...

It's great that you and Mr. Curls are a team! I hope that his back heals quickly since I know all too well how painful that can be!

Jean said...

Fortunately, he has already begun to feel a lot better, even if he isn't quite doing cart wheels yet.