Sunday, April 4, 2010

Now I Have a Shopping Assistant

A while back, I was telling Mr. Curls about my friend's wedding in May. I happened to mention needing a dress.

"Oh yeah?" He said.

"Yup. I'm going to have to go shopping."

"Want company?"

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Curls volunteered to go dress shopping with me.

Yesterday, we hopped in my car and toured the shops. The last time I went shopping for a dress with someone was when I was a high school freshman. The friend I went with got bored and annoyed with me and it wasn't fun. Going into the shopping adventure with Mr. Curls, I was a bit nervous about how it'd go.

It took until the fourth shop before we found anything for me to even try on. I have to say, I was impressed. Mr. Curls was very patient about the whole process and there were a few times when he was the one who picked out a dress for me to try on. I must add, the comments of, "Ooh, I really like that one on you" and "You look really good in that one" made me smile. He was good moral support, and very helpful when it came to having someone around to hold dresses for me. Also, he wasn't just humoring me. He was actually interested in helping me find something I liked. It was an unusual experience for me. Fun, though, definitely fun.

The dress mission took about eight stores before I found a dress that would work. Now I've got a dress for the wedding and now I know who to take shopping with me.

No comments: