Saturday, April 18, 2009

Army Guy

After some false starts, it seems as if the dating website might actually pay off a little for me. I was found by a young army officer who is self-assured, smart, and likes to travel. As an added bonus, he's read not only Terry Pratchett, but also Neil Gaiman. That's at least ten extra points in my book.

So far, I'm liking this guy. I'm looking at my list of characteristics for my ideal guy, and I'm looking at what I know about this one so far. There's a lot of matching up. I'd be lying if I said it didn't freak me out. Part of me really likes him. Part of me is braced, waiting for the crazy to happen. I know it's cynical, but I can't shake the feeling that it's suddenly happened too easily.

He's very direct and already wants to meet. I'm game, so it might happen as soon as next Sunday. We'll see how that goes.

Amanda is totally thrilled that he's so forward and that I like him. She's already developed a full-blown scenario where I marry Army Guy and he gets stationed in the state she's moving to so she and I can hang out.

No comments: