Monday, April 20, 2009

First Date

Army Guy is going to take me to a fancy steak house on Friday night. When I told Amanda the name of the place (which is in the nearby city where AG lives) she made high pitched sounds.

Amanda: Oh, he really likes you. That's the place my husband takes me for our anniversary and there's no way two people can have dinner there for less than a hundred bucks.

Talk about intimidating. When AG brought up the first date scenario, I was imagining something taking place in a coffee shop. But this? I certainly wasn't thinking this. My ex didn't ever shell out $100 for a dinner, much less our first. I'm a low maintenance girl. AG really wants to impress me. If only he knew how cheap a date I really can be. But, it'll be a good experience for me. Intimidating, but good.

Of course, it also means this date is going to require much more planning than I had planned. Amanda and I are going to be having a summit regarding what I'll be wearing. I have strict instructions to pick out three possible outfits to decide between. This is going to be a big production, it seems. There may even be shopping involved.

No comments: