Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not Wasting Time

Army Guy is very direct. In the first thing he wrote to me, he said he was looking forward to meeting me in person. A few e-mails later, and we're arranging a first date.

Amanda: Wow, he really likes you! Or, he really wants to get into your pants.

Granted, he's an army guy. I tend to assume single military guys are tired of hanging around almost all guys all the time and eager to get into anybody's pants. That sounds cynical, but I can't think of any other way to put it. (My brother's in the military. The logistics are simple - he doesn't meet many girls. It's no accident my brother's girlfriend is also in the military.)

In any event, Army Guy is pretty forward, which I like. But, it does make me a little nervous. I'm not used to such clear attraction from anyone who isn't drunk (ah, the joys of waitressing). The last time I had a guy so clearly pursuing me was when I met my first boyfriend as a freshman in high school. He turned out to be a manipulative cheater. It ended badly. With these associations, I mentioned the oddness of him being so forward.

Amanda: But, that's what you need. A guy who is going to pursue you. It's good for you. It's what you want. You said so yourself.

Yeah, it's what I want. I want to be worth the effort of pursuit. I'm just nervous to trust actually getting it.

No comments: