Saturday, March 27, 2010

It Came In the Mail, or the X-Rated Package

Mr. Curls and I, in short, have both been out of practice in terms of bedroom shenanigans. This resulted in a bit of awkwardness at the beginning, even a little more so than the typical awkwardness that comes from sleeping with someone new. But, like with many things, practice helps.

"And," I said, "in terms of things to practice, this is certainly a fun one."

He blushed, hid his face in a pillow for a second, then he leaned over and kissed me. "True," he said.

Practice helps, and the other day I was thinking that it might be interesting to add in another type of help. (Gosh, I'm blushing already, I can feel it.) Once, a couple years ago, I ordered a vibrator from Babeland. Last week I put in another order. This time for the Babeland Silver Bullet vibrator. I mentioned this to Mr. Curls the other night, and his reaction was a combination of surprise and curiosity. "Really?" he said. "Hrm..."

Yesterday, my package arrived. Since he was with his kids, I was left to my own, er, devices. I mean, since it was a new thing, it only seemed right to test it out before adding Mr. Curls into the mix. Test it I did. It was the best thing I've gotten in the mail in quite some time. (Note to self: put batteries on the shopping list.)

During our phone chat last night, we got to talking about it.

"In other news," I said, "that package I was telling you about came today."

"Oh," he said. "Interesting."

We talked about sex toys for a while. I almost asked him if he's used them with a partner before, but I balked. I know he's got the exes, and intellectually I know he had sex with them. I just don't want to really think about that. I knew if I asked, he'd tell me, and then I'd visualize and... ugh, just didn't want to go there.

At any rate, the general outcome of the conversation was that he's open for experimenting. He seemed a little nervous about it at first, because I think the first thing he imagined when I said sex toy was strap-on (mostly because of an unfortunate experience he had helping someone move and accidentally discovering theirs when they asked him to pack up some clothes). But, once I described it, he was more relaxed. I told him, "The idea is that it's complimentary."

"Right," he said. "I can see that." Then he paused. "So, did you try it out?"

"Um, yeah."

He laughed, 'cause he could hear the blush in my voice. "Hrm..." he said. It sounded like he was grinning.

2 comments:

City Girl said...

I'm reading your posts in reverse chronological order. I agree it's important to try a sex toy out by yourself before adding a partner to the mix. I bet that it excited Mr. Curls to hear about what you were going to do that evening.

And, it has crossed my mind to start a petition to toy companies, asking them to increase the prices to include batteries!

Jean said...

Mr. Curls spotted the new pack of batteries I bought after this. He winked at me when he saw them. Then he said, "Wouldn't want to run out, would we?"