Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And Then There Was a Vibrator

Sunday night, after Mr. Curls had dropped off the boys with their mom, I went over to see him. This was the first time since I got my X-rated mail that he and I had a chance to be together privately. When I got there, he was pretty worn out from running around with the boys all weekend and the first thing we did was cuddle up on the couch. After the "how was your day" chit chat, I got brave enough to mention what I'd been thinking ever since I walked in the door.

"So, how tired would you say that you are?" I asked, oh-so-nonchalantly.

He gave me the look that said he knew exactly what I meant, then he said, "Oh, you know. Why, is there something in particular you had in mind?"

That's when I started blushing. "Um, well... Um. You know that package I mentioned? I, uh, brought it along and was wondering if you wanted to see what it was."

"Really?" He said it slowly, smiling and enjoying watching me squirm. "Hrm... that's interesting. Yeah, I think I might be kind of curious."

A couple minutes and significantly less clothing later came a bit of show and tell and then a bit of other things.

"So, what do you think?" I asked him afterward.

"What do you think?" He countered.

"I like adding it in. You?"

"I like it. It was interesting to feel the vibrations through you. I liked that. I especially like that you like it."

The experiment went well. I'm glad. Not just for, ahem, obvious reasons. I'm also glad that I was confident enough with him to even bring up the sex toy idea, much less use one. We're getting each other figured out and I'm getting more comfortable with taking something that had, for years, been a solo activity and turning it into a team sport.

2 comments:

City Girl said...

I'm doing my "Yay! Yay! Yay!" cheer in front of my laptop! Good for you! Toys are fun solo and with your significant other. I'm happy that you feel comfortable enough with Mr. Curls and your own sexuality to bring a toy into the bedroom.

Jean said...

I'm happy about that, too. With my ex, I kind of brought it up, but he didn't really have any interest in what I bought and it got shelved pretty quick. He wasn't into it, so by default, we weren't into it.

With Mr. Curls I'm glad on two parts:
1. That he thinks it's fun
2. That I'm more confident and more determined to do everything I can to make sure I'm as satisfied with our sex life as possible.

Not saying I won't compromise, just saying that I'm not interested in something one-sided.