Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Stationary, but Slimmer, Ex

My mom ran into my ex a couple days ago. She said he's still working at the same place (he's worked there since he was 16 and, when we were together, he hated it but refused to find a new job), which doesn't surprise me. She also said he's lost something like 50 pounds. During the time we were going out, he put on about 50 pounds, so I guess he's back to where he was when we first started dating. That part does surprise me. Maybe he moved out of his parents' house by now and has stopped stress eating - he and his parents did not get along, but he refused to move out (sense a pattern here?).

Anyhow, I'm not going to lie, part of me is happy that he's still at the same job, even if he got promoted, and part of me is disappointed that he's lost all that weight. But, it sounds like maybe he's in a better place in his life these days, so good for him.

No comments: