Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Website Guy #3

I'm starting to feel like I'm almost getting my money's worth out of the website. This week, I give you Radio Guy.

His profile's pretty short, but the part that caught my eye was his blurb under "occupation," where he says, "I have two jobs. One pays bills. One is my dream." I was intrigued. When we got to the Q&A, I asked him what the dream job was. Yup, radio. He was kinda poetic when he talked about it, too.

Still early-days, but I'm getting a good feeling about him. I like the creative impulse, and the willingness to pursue something for the love of it, not just the payout of it, and the groundedness to have the 2nd, bill-paying job.

Just got e-mail #1 from him, which is full of questions about things I mention in my profile - like my job, my hobbies, etc. I feel like I'm being researched, but in a nice way. He also scores points for the line at the end, "
By the way, your intellect is quite interesting and very refreshing." Yay! He likes a girl with brains! And, well, I'm far from immune to a little bit of flattery.

No comments: