Friday, July 3, 2009

The Let Down

Me: Amanda, I have a problem.
Amanda: What? What's the matter?
Me: It's Comic Book Guy, I need to make him go away. I'm wasting his time otherwise.
Amanda: Okay.
Me: So, how do I do it?
Amanda: Well, what kind of "go away" do you want? Angry? Friendly? Final?
Me: That last one.
Amanda: All right, here's what you say.

Then I wrote an e-mail (in response to his last e-mail inviting me to a rodeo, because he's only ever cowboyed up to calling me once).

Hi Comic Book Guy,
Thanks for the invitation, but I'm going to have to decline. I've had a nice time getting to know you, but I don't feel the connection I was hoping for. Thanks for spending time with me.
-Jean

It's crap. It's all awkward and overly formal, but at least it's done.

2 comments:

Iva Messy said...

Good Job!

Have a Happy 4th!!!

<3,
Iva

rachaelgking said...

Eh, it's also honest. And he has to respect that.

Happy 4th!