Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Core

I wasn't looking forward to going to the gym today 'cause BB said we were going to go through my core workout. I wasn't thrilled, because I figured I knew what that meant. Of my workouts, my core is my least favorite :( The last thing I wanted was to make it harder.

We get through my first circuit (of three). I've been doing my core workout in a circuit, 'cause even though it's tougher that way, it's faster. In case you're wondering, this is my core workout:
15 back extensions
12-15 knee raises
12 incline sit ups
20 oblique crunches - 10 right, 10 left

I finish my oblique crunches and wait. I brace myself for him to say something that starts with "Now, on your next set I want you to..." and ends with some way of making my life more difficult. He doesn't say it. I do my second circuit. I wait, thinking of how I'm about to be adding weight to my back extensions, right? Nothing. I do my third circuit. Still nothing. Then I'm picking up my stuff and we're parting ways, and he still hasn't told me how he's going to make my workout harder. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

My core workout, for now, is staying exactly the same, and I find myself strangely disappointed. Humans are perverse creatures.

No comments: