Thursday, July 2, 2009

Opening Night

I went to the opening of the little photo show tonight, and I wore a dress to it. It's a historic event, lemme tell ya, as the last time I wore a dress was about three years ago when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and I wore the dress only as long as the ceremony lasted - by the time I was at the reception, I was back in pants.

Pre-show, I met up with my friend Deb to take photos for the website for a group we belong to. We hit the riverwalk and I have proof of my dress-wearing. Here's the "oil painting" version, which makes my eyes look like I'm possessed by a demon, a la Supernatural. But there you have it people, me in a dress.


The show reception was about what I expected, not a huge crowd and most of the people attending were members of the photo club. I liked being able to look at all the photos and say, "Oh, that's Don's photo. I know Don." That bit was cool.

2 comments:

mylittlebecky said...

awww, a dress! very cute! pants are for suckers. not that, you know, YOU'RE a sucker. i just mean, pants have more holes than dresses. and you have to wear a top. unless it's a jumpsuit, but who wears jumpsuits? not me.

i guess what i'm saying here is, i'm lazy.

Jean said...

Lol. I love the dresses = efficiency analogy. I never thought of it that way :)