Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Girlfriends' Verdict

Sunday night, I met up with two gal pals for dinner. Coincidentally, they're the two of my friends who've met Mr. Curls. Needless to say, it didn't take long at all before J. started to grill me.

"So," she said, ever-so-casually, "what's new with you?"

I told them how much I liked him and then I told them about the baggage. They were pretty impressed. "Wow," said D.

"Tell me about it."

J. thought about it for a while and shrugged. "We all make mistakes. I know how that goes. I mean, I already had my son and was going through my own divorce when my husband and I started dating."

D. chimed in, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "And we all know what a keeper my first husband was."

We all laughed. Then D. added, commenting on J.'s husband, "You know, Mr. Curls kind of reminds me of him." And that, that was the stamp of approval.

No comments: