Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mr. Sleepy

Mr. Curls has to get up early for work. I've been keeping him up late a lot, and this weekend he had his boys. Put it all together, and when he came over Monday night, he was one tired guy. We ordered pizza, then hit the couch to watch TV for a bit. After the first episode of Firefly I asked him if he wanted to watch another.

He hesitated. On one hand, it was the perfect time to move things into the bedroom. On the other, the couch was cozy and he was worn out. For my part, I was kind of tired, too, and I was feeling in more of a cuddly than sexy mood. "How about another episode?" he said, finally.

He nodded off for a moment here and there and by the time the credits were rolling, he had us stretched out on the couch with his arm around me and his head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair. He sighed.

"I should let you go home and get some sleep," I said.

"Umm hmm," he said. "In a minute."

A while later, after he was awake again, he apologized for being such a boring date. I was quick to reassure him that he'd been a very good date indeed. Curling up on the couch together isn't sexy, but it is nice and warm and made me feel secure and relaxed.

With my ex, our libidos weren't in sync. Part of it was a control issue, too. To him, he saw it almost as, "What's the point of having a girlfriend if not easy, frequent sex?" He controlled our sex life and there were times when I felt more like a blow-up doll than a person. But, he'd insist that an active sex life was a sign of a healthy relationship. Except, quantity and quality are not the same thing and if he was just going to use me essentially to masturbate, that's not a relationship. Another reason why it's best he's the ex.

Since V-Day, every day Mr. Curls and I have seen each other, we've had sex. Monday night was the first night we didn't and I was a little relieved. Unlike with the ex, seeing me wasn't just about getting boned. Now, that's not to say that I want to make a habit out of it or anything, but it was nice to not have to. Nice for it to be valid to be happy with just cuddling on the couch.

Also, Mr. Curls is way cute when he's sleepy. Waking up, he can't open his eyes right away, his hair's all mussed, and he gets really smiley. I won't go on about it, 'cause all I'd say is that obnoxiously cutesy stuff that new couples say about each other. Suffice it to say, though, that it's nice to see him with his guard all the way down. Like with me, it's not something that happens all that often. I like when it happens around me.

No comments: