Sunday, February 14, 2010

Isn't it ALWAYS Bad Timing?

Things with Mr. Curls have been getting more physical and I've been doing a gut check on whether or not I'm ready to sleep with him. He's not in a rush and neither am I, but I was thinking that today would be a good day for the ever-so-indelicate STDs talk. I was thinking that, maybe after that talk, depending, today might be the right day to break my long-term celibacy.

No, it's not because it's Valentine's Day. Honest-to-Bob. It's pure timeline of how long we've been seeing each other and an indicator of having hit certain important mile markers that make me feel ready for being all the way physical. Last night I changed my sheets. This morning, I had a stress dream about having sex with him. It's been a long time since I've been in the sack with anybody, and I've only ever slept with one person before, so yeah, I'm a bit nervous.

Anyhow, I've been getting myself geared up. Then, wouldn't you know it, this morning I noticed the tell tale signs of my oncoming period. Stupid uterus. I don't want to have my period right now. Having sex with Mr. Curls for the first time is plenty to deal with all on its own, the last thing I need to worry about on top of that is blood coming out of my crotch. I don't mind period sex, but I absolutely don't want that to be the first type of sex I have with him. F*ing period.

No comments: