Wednesday, February 3, 2010

V-day is Annoying

Me: It's February.
Amanda: So?
Me: That means it's going to be Valentine's Day in a little while, and I might not be single for this one.
Amanda: So?
Me: I don't like it.
Amanda: Yeah, there's a lot of pressure.
Me: So what do I do?
Amanda: (laughing) Nothing, but he'd better have reservations made.

Stupid Valentine's Day. I didn't mind it when I was with my ex, but we didn't make a big deal, either. We'd go to dinner, or one of us would cook dinner, and we'd spend time together, but there was no elaborate thing. I liked it that way. I also liked the part where we were an established couple before our first Vday together rolled around.

With Mr. Curls, I'm pretty confident that we'll still be seeing each other in two weeks. But, it's too soon. Valentine's has all this weight behind it, and, well, I wish I could just ignore it completely. I just want to know what Mr. Curls is thinking about it, except it's still kind of early to assume that we'll still be seeing each other in two weeks. So, what's the right balance between broaching the subject early enough to defuse it while also being late enough to make sure it's going to be relevant? Hrm... Maybe this weekend would be about the right time. One week beforehand should be about right, right?

2 comments:

City Girl said...

So, did you bring this up with Mr. Curls? Inquiring minds want to know...

Jean said...

Actually, I completely forgot about it. I might try to remember to say something the next time I talk with him, but I've stopped worrying about it. Either V-day will be something, or it won't, and I'm okay with it either way.