Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Brother's Girlfriend...

...is making me roll my eyes.

Here's the deal: My brother is currently doing a whole European tour thing with a couple of friends. This is his big chance to do it, and then he gets back and I help him move to another state. His girlfriend, meanwhile, couldn't go on the trip (save for a week in England). So, he's in Europe and she's in the US.

The girl and I are facebook friends, which gives me the joy of reading her status updates a few times a day and they're all riffs on one theme - how much she misses my brother. Yeah. I get it. We all get it. You miss him. It was endearing the first time, sweet the second, but by the fiftieth...

But, I have to remind myself that she's only 19 and that this is really the first time she and my brother have been apart in the whole nine months they've been dating. Still, if this is how it goes when they're away from each other for a couple weeks, it makes me wonder how it's going to go once they're living in different states.

2 comments:

Iva Messy said...

They'll make it work if its meant to be :)

Jean said...

Yeah. I foresee my brother getting a really good cell phone plan, or telling me about his exorbitant bills :)