Thursday, June 4, 2009

One in Half a Million Chance

I'm wiggin' out a little bit. It's all about Comic Book Guy. I just keep thinking about numbers and odds, and it's totally surreal. Here goes.

Me: So, I found another guy on the website.
Amanda: Ooh! What's his name?
Me: Comic Book Guy.
Amanda: For real? I've got a friend named that. He's the one I want to set you up with. Man, I haven't talked to him in forever. What's his last name?
Me: Dunno, the website doesn't list last names.
Amanda: What's he look like?

I describe him. Then Amanda asks me for every single other bit of information in his profile. She keeps saying, "Uh huh. Yeah. That sounds right." Then she e-mails me a picture of her friend.

Me: Dude, that's totally him.
Amanda: Oh, you definitely need to date him. He's such a nice guy.

That's right. I've gotten three real responses off the website, Army Guy and Comic Book Guy being two of them, and out of a city of 400,000+ people, it just so happens that the one guy with Comic Book Guy's name just so happens to be the exact same guy Amanda mentioned to me a couple weeks ago. Weird. Way fucking weird.

No comments: