Friday, June 12, 2009

F*ing Scale

I'm getting frustrated with the gym. Well, sort of. I've been good about going three days a week. I've been good, mostly, about doing everything BB tells me to. I've even been eating especially healthy these days, as to maximize the results of my hard work at the gym. It's been over a month and while I can tell a difference in some muscle tone, which is nice, my net weight loss = nada.

Now, I'm not saying I want to be super skinny because I don't. I know my genetics and body type and I'm not cut out to be a size 4. Which is perfectly okay with me, because I'm not a big fan of the twiggy look. I'll pass on Paris Hilton's physique in favor of Kate Winslet a la Titanic any day.

But, at 5'2" and 145 lbs, there's more of me than there ought to be. *sigh* I'm not asking to suddenly lose twenty pounds overnight, but after a month of working out, is a few pounds too much to ask for?

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Ah, I feel ya, hon. It's so discouraging when it just doesn't seem to be doing anything... but it really does take a few months to see the improvement when you're doing it RIGHT (aka gradually), as it sounds like you are. Stick with it!

Iva Messy said...

you can do it! Promise it will happen for you, just keep it up! GREAT JOB!!!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean said...

Thanks for the encouragement :)