Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Online Selection: Deal Breakers

The dating website has yet to offer up a new guy. But, I keep checking my new matches and sorting them into active vs. "not gonna happen." I'm trying to be open-minded in my selection. I remember Amanda's show analogy - just try him on. I do, however, have some deal-breakers.

Automatic No:
Guys who live with their parents (Yeah, I know there can be extenuating circumstances and all that, but I just can't.)
Guys who are hard core religious (I can't stand being evangelized, and any guy who says that it's important for his match to have a personal relationship with Jesus just isn't going to work for me.)
Guys with no photo (To me, this says one of a few things, none of which I want: married, ugly, or self-conscious.)

Otherwise, I'm negotiable. Automatic Yes: Guys with a dog.

2 comments:

jamy said...

Trying to remember my deal breakers...I can't stand it when the age range the guy is searching for ends one year less than his own age. Or if he has a long list of requirements.

Jean said...

Oh lord, yes. Good ones.