Wednesday, June 10, 2009

1st Date, Round 2

A couple days ago, this was tagged onto the end of an e-mail from Comic Book Guy:
So, tell me...do you think we're approaching the boundaries of email conversation here? I mean, clearly we're getting to know each other, but I'm thinking we might be able to spin out more topics in person.

Also, at this point I'd really like to hear your spoken voice, because the written one has definitely sparked my interest in the mind behind it :)

I asked Comic Book Guy what he had in mind, and he said whatever I wanted to do, which is a lame, but Amanda wasn't surprised. "He's very accommodating," she said, "He just wants to please you."

"But, it's so wussy."

"Yeah, but now it means you can do whatever you want to do. So, what do you want to do?"

"Well, there is one thing..."

"What?"

"About a year ago I went to this big arcade with my brother and it was goofy and fun."

"Then do that."

We're on for Saturday and I think it's interesting that things with Comic Book Guy are already so incredibly different from how things went with Army Guy. This first date will be at a sprawling arcade instead of a fancy steakhouse and I'm looking forward to it rather than dreading it. Funny, huh?

No comments: