Sunday, May 10, 2009

In Other News

As mentioned in a previous post, this whole dating thing has been a good incentive to be more active and social in other ways so I'm not just sitting around waiting for a dumb boy to call. The dating side-effects in that respect are proving a good thing.

Yesterday morning I met a friend from the university for coffee and gossip. She and I are putting together an out of town trip with a couple other gals from the university. I think the trip will be a lot of fun, and it's girls only, which is also fun. We hung out and chatted for a while and it was good to hang out with her.

Today I did coffee again, but this time with a gal friend who I haven't seen for probably six months. She's also a single gal and we got to talk about how dating sucks. Her take on Army Guy is about 180 degrees from Amanda's. Instead of following the pre-ordained steps, M. is all about just doing what feels good. Her take on it is more like mine - I'll boff him whenever I feel like it and just see where it all goes. No pressure. In the end, I lean more toward a combination of philosophies - not waiting as long as Amanda would have me (her idea is 6-8 dates), but still waiting a bit longer, (I'm thinking more like 5). Coffee with M. turned into dinner, which turned into sitting on my couch and catching up. M. is fun and she, like me, has a strong tom boy side. We joked around about guys and body parts and generally caught up.

Regardless of how things with Army Guy ultimately go, dating him has proven to be a good thing in other ways. It's funny how getting close to a guy has made me get closer to some of my favorite gals. Then again, isn't that the whole plot Sex and the City?

No comments: