Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rules

Army Guy didn't make it to the party, but I saw him again this Wednesday. The original idea was that we'd go out to a comedy club, then he didn't know who the comic was going to be and proposed that he'd make me dinner at his place instead and we could watch a movie. I paused, thought about what that meant, and agreed. (Part of me thinks that this was his plan all along).

Then I called Amanda.
Me: I think I may have done a bad thing.

I filled her in and she made her disappointment clear.
Amanda: What are you thinking?! There are only two reasons why a guy would want to make you dinner, either he's broke or he's planning on getting in your pants.
Me: I know. (Truth is, I hadn't really considered the being broke reason when I agreed)
Amanda: Ugh. Okay, here are the rules. You will, under no circumstances, have sex with him.
Me: Of course not. (I meant it)
Amanda: Kissing is okay, but all clothes will stay on.
Me: Sure. (Less sincerity here)
Amanda: I can't believe you agreed to that. (Pause) You like him, don't you?
Me: Yeah. I do.

When I got to Army Guy's apartment, he had been running late and wasn't prepared to cook, so we went out for dinner. After dinner we started watching the movie. Then we got... distracted. I broke the clothes rule and found out that Army Guy shaves his chest. I stopped him when he went for my belt, though, so I wasn't completely bad.

No comments: